What not to carry in your hand luggage when flying with Albastar
Visiting to a city of art, making a pilgrimage to Lourdes or holidaying on one of the beautiful Mediterranean islands. Whatever your destination, you will need to pack a suitcase and therefore think about what you can and cannot take on board with you.
In addition to hand luggage weight and size restrictions, it is certainly useful for you to know all of Albastar’s rules on hand luggage.
First of all, please remember that you can only take one piece of main hand luggage on board without having to pay an extra fee, but you can also take a small bag, a briefcase, a PC bag and/or an umbrella with you.
There will certainly be objects that you would never think of putting in your suitcase, but, by way of an example, the following are a list of items that you must certainly not put in it.
To see the complete list, we advise you to read the information sheet on Dangerous Goods and other prohibited items.
But let us proceed in order. When you fly Albastar, the following items are not allowed in your hand luggage:
- Self-defence spray, irritants, cases with anti-theft systems installed, magnetic equipment
- Pyrotechnics, ammunition, firecrackers, toy weapons, rockets
- Gas and gas cylinders, insecticides, compressed air bottles, refills for lighters, fire extinguishers
- Flammable liquids, such as, paints, turpentine, solvents or thinners, petrol, diesel, petroleum, glues, alcohol, ethanol
- Flammable solids, such as, sulphur matches, magnesium
- Radioactive material, such as, isotopes
- Corrosive acids, mercury, spillable batteries, chlorine, bleach
The following are logically also prohibited:
- Substances susceptible to spontaneous combustion
- Substances which, in contact with water, emit flammable gases
- Oxidising substances, oxidants and organic peroxides
- Toxic or poisonous substances, such as, poisons, herbicides, pesticides, arsenic, etc…
- Infectious substances, such as, bacteria and viruses
Many of our passengers ask us if they can carry electronic cigarettes in their hand luggage, which are prohibited inside hold luggage. For those who smoke, there is good news, because the answer is affirmative: however, passengers must not recharge their electronic cigarettes during their flight.
And if you need to take an item from the list of prohibited items with you?
You can do this by requesting special authorisation to transport the item, at least 72 hours before your flight.
Before embarking, you will need to pass the security check to verify that you are not carrying the prohibited items listed in detail in the SECURITY CHECK in your hand luggage.
s an example, here are some of those items:
- Guns, firearms and other instruments that shoot ammunition
- Stunning or immobilising devices
- Explosive and incendiary substances and devices
- Any other items that can cause serious injuries
Liquids yes or liquids no?
Liquids should be dealt with separately, if you fly with Albastar and you have hand luggage.
As you probably already know, you can carry a maximum of 1 litre of liquids to be divided into containers of a capacity not exceeding 100 millilitres. You will then need to place these containers in a transparent, resealable plastic bag.
What do we at Albastar mean by liquids?
- A Water and other beverages
- Syrups, soups
- Mascara and lip gloss
- Perfumes or sprays
- Shampoos, creams or body lotions
- Deodorants, pastes (including toothpastes)
- Shaving foam and other types
- Gels of all kinds
- Food products, such as, chocolate creams, peanut butter, yoghurt, soft cheeses, sauces
An exception is made among all these rules!
Medicines and liquids prescribed for dietary purposes including baby foods to be used during the journey may be carried on board outside the bag without restrictions of volume.
However, please remember that these new rules only apply to hand luggage.
So, you can pack your perfumes, aftershave creams or your child’s mild shampoo in any of your suitcases to be loaded in the hold without having to worry about the size of the containers.
If you still have some doubts about how to pack your suitcase correctly, contact our Call Center: fly informed, it’s always better!