One of the most unpleasant things that can happen before your flight, is that rushing throught the security before boarding and getting stuck in the queue. A few simple precautions can help you to overcome them easily and “start off on the right foot”.
Before entering in the boarding area, all departing passengers must undergo a security check, which could cause delays in the boarding process.
Passengers who have pacemakers or metal implants can avoid going through the metal detector, proceeding with a manual control. In this case, passengers must notify the Airline and airport security personnel; it is important that you have with you a medical certificate attesting the medical condition.
Remember that it is forbidden to carry the following items in your hand baggage:
Guns, firearms and other devices that discharge projectiles – devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury by discharging a projectile, including:
- firearms of all types, such as pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns
- toy guns, replicas and imitation firearms capable of being mistaken for real weapons
- component parts of firearms, excluding telescopic sights
- compressed air and CO2 guns, such as pistols, pellet guns, rifles and ball bearing guns
- signal flare pistols and starter pistols
- bows, cross bows and arrows
- harpoon guns and spear guns
- slingshots and catapults
Stunning devices – devices designed specifically to stun or immobilise, including:
- devices for shocking, such as stun guns, tasers and stun batons
- animal stunners and animal killers,
- disabling and incapacitating chemicals, gases and sprays, such as mace, pepper sprays, capsicum sprays, tear gas, acid sprays and animal repellent sprays
Explosives and incendiary substances and devices – explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable, or appearing capable, of being used to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft, including:
- blasting caps
- detonators and fuses,
- replica or imitation explosive devices
- mines, grenades and other explosive military stores
- fireworks and other pyrotechnics
- smoke-generating canisters and smoke-generating cartridges
- dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives
Any other article capable of being used to cause serious injury and which is not commonly used in security restricted areas, e.g. martial arts equipment, swords, sabres, etc.
To speed up the security check procedures, separate your hand baggage from your laptop and tablet which must be placed in a separate container. In addition to these items, there is an obligation to separate liquids (up to 100 ml) in a transparent bag and to remove them from the suitcase during the security check.
Prescribed medicines needed during the flight must be accompanied by a prescription.
Do not forget to remove your belt, boots and any metal objects before going through the security check.
Please note that if the flight destination is a non-Schengen country, it is necessary to go through a document check (passport, identity card, …) after completing the security check.
For more information about the types of documents accepted by Albastar according to the destination, please go to the dedicated section on our website.